I'm looking for one of those infrared remote controls
for a PC, compatable with Windows 9x.

I remember that a few years ago there were tons of
them on the surplus market because the manufacturers
didn't produce Windows Me or 2000 drivers.

I just want to sit across the room and use it to
run Power DVD on the "old skool" DVD playing PC
I'm working on. :)

The software is no problem but the hardware isn't
cooperating. I thought I had a near-perfect case,
but the hard drive bracket prevents a full length
card being used in slot 1, which is the only slot
on this old all in one Socket 7 board with nothing
in the way of using the full length PC MPEG decoder
card.

I'll also put Basilisk II on it so I can freak
people out with my Mac OS compatable DVD player. ;)

The case style I really want is a low profile AT
desktop with a right angle PCI bus adapter and only
one 5.25" bay. I have an ATX power supply and the
PC-Chips M571 board has both AT and ATX power
connections plus it supports "soft power" when using
the ATX power. Sooo, the remote control also has
to be able to turn the PC on.

It will be total Fandemonium, Summer 2005!
Check website for further info.
http://www.fandemonium.org