I have been off this list for a while, but returned. I have a couple machines with DOS cards installed in them. I have an old PM 7220 with an Apple branded card, and a recent purchase of an OrangePC 620 which I installed in a PM 8600.

I downloaded the software, "Web Installer", from the OrangeMicro site and have been trying to install Windows95/98 and/or DOS 7.1 for use with the DOS card, but I can not seem to get a good install. Win95 seems to provide the best results, but even it does not seem to get everything right. Win98 seems to create a busted install as does DOS 7.1.

The Manual elludes to an Easy Install CD to be used in the process, but I lack that and I am guessing that is my main trouble. The issue seems to be getting the CD Drive to be recognized at the time the installer needs to read it to install software. I can get the software recognized later in the process but that seems to be to late to get networking, LPT ports and other items so they are ready to work when the new drivers are added from the OrangePC drive image used for install.

I was hoping that someone could direct me to the correct procedure, instruct me in the correct proceedure, or perhaps lead me to the Easy Install CD that the manual mentions.

thanks
bill