--- Neil Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:52:21 -0700, Gregg Eshelman
> wrote:
>
> >I just finished cleaning (as in laboriously
> manually tracking down and
> terminating) a very nasty new breed
> >of ad/spyware.
> >
> ><snip>
>
> Thanks for the warning Gregg - that brings back
> unwelcome memories. Last
> year I agreed to help a friend get rid of some
> spyware, arrived early
> afternoon expecting to spend a few hours and ended
> up leaving about midnight in defeat :-(

That's why I like Winternals ERD Commander so much. :)

I forgot to mention that a symptom of that adware
is it starts launching IE popup windows as soon as
it detects an internet connection, without IE being
launched by the user. How's that for nasty?

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 5th, (Sat) 6th & (Sun) 7th, 2005
http://www.fandemonium.org