William Ove wrote:

> Gregg wrote:

I'm going to try all that on my PII 300Mhz laptop that
only has a 6.4G hard drive and 128meg RAM.

I have an old ThinkPad 600 that is also 300MHz. I upgraded it to Win2k, but
it runs a bit sluggish. I had thought of going to WinME, but I was never
able to find an disk at a good price.

Possibly the only person to say something good about WinME, I liked it. It barely runs on 64mb, boost it to 256mb and you notice the difference, I guess you'd still find it sluggish? A clean install does wonders compared to a upgrade. This machines was updated from ME to XP has been a enjoyable experience. Surprisingly.

I run DOS on my Orange PC card, but it would be interesting to know if the
hacks mentioned here would work for adding more umph to the old DOS cards
that seem limited to Win98.

Has anyone tried Windows Lite (um I have the name wrong http://www.litepc.com/ ) on either the dos card or emulator? Wonderful thing about a emulator, you can always add and remove drives without taking the case apart. :)