I have a PC with four onboard USB 1.1 ports
(VIA chipset) and a PCI 2 port USB 2.0 card, also
a VIA chip.

The USB 2.0 controller shows up in Device Manager, yet
when I plug in an external IDE to USB 2.0 cable to
that card, Windows 2000 Pro SP4 insists it is
connected
to a USB 1.1 port and will only operate the drive
interface at the slow speed.

Device Manager in the view devices by connection
mode, shows NOTHING connected to the USB 2.0 Root
Hub.

http://members.ispwest.com/gregg1/usb/wrong-usb.jpg

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org