Hi Tim, *,

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Tim Schuermann <tisch...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> So here are the steps I did (according to
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild):
> {...[
> 3. Downloaded DEV300_m77 (or DEV300_m78, the errors are the same) from
> http://download.openoffice.org/next/ and untared them into my directory.

Unclear information, as that download page doesn't directly lists the sources.
As written by others: Either get the full set of sources or use the
appropriate configure switches

> 4. Downloaded prebuild Mozilla archives (MACOSXGCCIinc.zip,
> MACOSXGCCIlib.zip, MACOSXGCCIruntime.zip) and placed them in the directory
> "DEV300_m77/moz/zipped"

Again not very helpful, as there are two versions. You need the one
from m53 and above.

> 5. Invoke configure:
>
> ./configure \
> --with-lang="en-US de fr" \

Needs l10n tarball and en-US is always built, no need to specify it.

> --disable-odk \

speeds up build, no need to download unowinreg.dll, no SDK is built.
OK if you only want to hack on OOo itself.

> --disable-pasf \

No such configure switch.(anymore)

> --disable-gtk \

OK, was only needed to build mozilla from source on Mac

> --disable-headless \

no such switch (anymore)

> --disable-build-mozilla \

OK/needed when using precompiled mozilla

> --disable-fontconfig \

unnecessary (disabled for mac anyway)

> --without-nas \

No such switch (anymore)

> --with-use-shell=bash \

Very good, but no such switch anymore in recent versions either.

> --with-jdk-home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home \

Unnecessary, should be autodetected properly.

> --with-stlport=no \

Very dangerous. Quoting configure's help:

# Warning!!, disabling using --without-stlport or
# enabling using --with-stlport on a platform that
# defaults to the opposite will break ABI compatability

In other words: Leave that switch alone. As you're unexperienced, even
more reason to not add random flags that are not understood.
In this case Mac defaults to system stl anyway, thus unnecessary.

> --disable-mediawiki \

OK - optional extension. But when you disable that one, why not
disable the other ones?

> --enable-werror \

OK, OOo is wae free on Mac.

> --disable-vba

Well, default is different, and if that is what you want...

You don't specify --disable-binfilter. This however has the biggest
impact in terms of build time. So if you want to hack on OOo, I'd
suggest that flag, as binfilter code is dead code (in the sense of:
nobody touches it anymore, just for compatibility with older binary
file formats)

> 6. Start the Build-Process:
>
> ./bootstrap
> source MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh
> cd instsetoo_native
> export TMP=/tmp

No longer necessary

> export SYSTEM_OPENSSL=YES

BAD idea. Either you configure OOo properly using configure, or you
hack your own environment variables.
Especially if you're unexperienced: Don't mess with what configure creates.

Besides defaults to system_openssl on mac anyway.

I repeat: If you don't understand what a flag does: Don't use it.
If you don't know what a command is for: Don't execute it.

> build --all -P4

OK if you got a multiprocessor system, but I'd sugges build --all -P3
-- -P2 instead.

> ./configure --build=i386-Darwin-darwin

The --build type specifier is not used by OOo.

ciao
Christian