I am trying to set up my new (refurbished) MacBook (with 10.5), and I want
to copy everything over from my G4 iBook (running 10.4.11) but there is a
glitch. I shut down the iBook, connected the firewire cable to both
machines, and restarted the iBook holding down the T key. The big firewire
symbol appears on the iBook screen, but the MacBook gives this error
message:
"There are no versions of Mac OS X available on your old Mac.
You can only transfer information from a Mac that has OS X installed.
Click Continue to keep trying, or click Cancel to stop the transferring."

Do they really mean it has to be the same version of OS X?

The cable worked a few months ago to transfer files between a G4 iMac and an
intel Mini and hasn't been abused since then. I know the iBook is working as
I am writing this message on it. Any ideas will be most gratefully
appreciated.

Alex Whitman
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://www.math.louisville.edu/pipermail/macgroup/attachments/20071205/95218024/attachment.html
 

Reply via email to