Apple has a thing about not keeping up with your mac repair history.  All they
do is fix the issue at hand and they don't look back in history.  I sent a
letter to sj...@apple.com telling them how my mac wasn't living up to what I
had come to expect form a apple product and they replaced it.  Simple.  Since
it's out of warranty, maybe they can't help, but it may be worth a try.

Eric