Yes, it happens to me all the time and only to Insighbb friends. I usually
transfer the mail to Chrome and it will go through. I normally use Firefox.
Very aggravating. Bernie

Hey all,

I noticed today that mail.insightbb.com is refusing my password when I use it
to send email with another email address in the header. Is this happening to
anyone else?

Specifics:

I have an email-forwarding address (from college) which I use to keep my email
independent from whatever ISP I'm using, say bris...@alum.whatsamattau.edu.

In the past, when I've sent an email from this address, I've sent it by
choosing the server
mail.insightbb.com:brising
and all has been fine. This outgoing server used my insightbb.com password.

Now I'm getting an error saying that my password is invalid, even though the
password works just fine when logging in for insight's webmail.

Has there been a change at Insight that they can no longer be used in this
fashion? I tried searching around on their website to no avail. I am also
loathe to ask them directly, in case this would send up a red flag.

Any tips?

Bill