On Jan 8, 2012, at 12:00 PM, John Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> I had mentioned recently how easy it was to do a restore from TimeMachine to 
> your computer, or another disk.  I have done this several times and it's 
> almost magical BUT it will NOT work when trying to restore from an older iMac 
> with Snow Leopard to a new MacPro.  UGH, this was a hard lesson to learn.


The Restore From… options in OS X installation are almost magical--when they 
work. I have had them fail enough times, though, to come to use them with fear 
and trepidation. I would rather install and manually configure these days than 
spend weeks wondering why something wasn't working right.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9/10/11 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
[email protected]
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Users Group
Next up: FileMaker Standards Series begins
Tuesday, January 24, 12:00 pm to 3:30-ish
Blog: http://www.kyfmp.com




_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to