Harry,

Yes, maybe the terminology isn't reboot, maybe it's restart, or shutdown?  I 
don't know so I used our computer term.   It seemed strange that the software 
update was on a wireless printer but to get the mobile devices to print THEY 
had to be restarted.   As long as it works.

John


On Feb 3, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:

> John,
> 
> When you say you rebooted your devices do you mean you powered them down and 
> then powered them back on?
> 
> On Feb 3, 2012, at 9:08 AM, John Robinson wrote:
> 
>> As I "learn" of what for me is not the normal way from our way of doing 
>> things I want to share them with the group, it may never pertain to any of 
>> you but I never know.
>> 
>> Way back when HP abandoned Apple, Epson stuck with them so I have always 
>> supported Epson by buying their products, however in the mobile printing 
>> Epson did not have a printer specifically for our iPhones, iPads so I bought 
>> an HP ENVY 100.  Good printer, did well with my wife's iPhone and iPad as 
>> well as mine.
>> 
>> Then it quit printing....nothing.  The device would say the item had been 
>> sent to the printer but it didn't print.  The printer has a screen for all 
>> it's settings, one of them was the web, one of those choices was updates.  
>> There was one.  After that download I checked again and there were two more. 
>>  Got those, tried printing, nothing.  Now another call to talk to someone in 
>> India.  Very disgruntled.
>> 
>> On a whim I decided to reboot my iPhone, and IT PRINTED, cool.  Rebooting 
>> the other three devices allowed all of them to print.  So for some strange 
>> reason, even when the update is to the printer you have to reboot EACH 
>> device to allow it to work with this printer.  
>> 
>> As Paul Harvey used to say......That's The Rest Of The Story.
>> 
>> 
>> John
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 




_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to