On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:54 AM, John Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> I use this also, it is a hassle but unless you want to catch those few that 
> you do want to read you have to go through the list.  I have three different 
> emails on this so I check all three each day.  It is an amazing service, boy 
> it's good to get rid of the spam.
> If you notice certain ones you want to receive are always trapped then "white 
> wash" the sender, if that doesn't work then "white wash" the domain.  
> Eventually you'll get those you want and then maybe you can just let it go.  
> I know of one person that never checked the list so it became huge and I 
> assume that the service truncates it eventually.

I think John means "white list," as in the opposite of "black list." He's 
right, if you want to peruse the list of spam and manage it that way you can, 
but it is a royal PITA. 

I have taken to letting it go. My quantity hovers around 2000 to 3000 from day 
to day, and I have been doing this for several years, so I am assuming that it 
does auto delete after a while (30 days sounds about right). I have a rule that 
sends the win.net spam messages to my junk folder. That way I can check on the 
quantity upon reviewing my junk folder just before I empty it.


--
Jonathan Fletcher
_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to