I followed your instructions and forwarded port 5900 to the LAN IP of the
computer I wanted to access and it worked like a charm. Thanks.

Now, is there a way to remotely access more than one computer on a LAN using
that method? If 5900 is forwarded to a specific computer, it can't also be
forwarded to another computer, can it? Is there a way to use some other port to
connect via VNC?