Russ there is a apple remote app in the App Store.
Your remote is pretty old I remember getting one with my old 17" MacBook Pro.
Don't know where I put it. Never used it. I am sure there are a bunch of them
sitting in drawers somewhere.
Here is a new one.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC377LL/A/apple-remote?afid=p238%7Cs0I7rzwxK-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_52243316530_&cid=aos-us-kwg-pla-btb-slid-
Sent from my iPhone