Here is the reason Tom:

Costco credit card dropping Apple Pay - Citibank Business

On June 20, Costco is changing credit cards from Amex to Citibank. If you have
Costco business membership, you must have a business card. This was fine with
Amex since business cards support Apple Pay. Citibank on the other hand does
not allow any business credit card to work with Apple Pay and after several
weeks of calls, I find they have no plans to fix it. After 3 weeks of calls to
Costco and Citbank here is the deal: if you have a Costco business credit card
you must cancel the new card when it arrives, go to Costco cancel your
membership, and sign up for a NEW personal membership, then APPLY for a new
personal Citi card!

Anyone affected by this should call both Costco and Citi (use the Costco 800 #
to get to Citi) and let them know they should:
1. Citi should support Apple Pay for all cards. But for now:
2. Citi should allow you to apply for a personal card even if you have a
business Costco membership.

Also: Amex personal and business cards support Apple Pay notifications.
Purchases show up on the iPhone and watch seconds after made. Citibank does not
support notifications and from what I heard don't know what they are!

John