Well whaddya know. They just loaded fine on my machine this time around. I have
8 crash logs from when they failed to load earlier this morning while I tried
turning on and off various combinations of extensions.

I'll have to update my bug report to Apple.

Thanks for trying them again. I can't imagine what glitch on the NOAA site
would cause Safari to out and out crash, but whatever it was, it must've been
fixed.

Bill