I set TimeMachine to not back up partitions I use for back-ups.
I changed the name of one of those partition.
The OS changed the partition name in Disk Utility, but not in the TimeMachine
do not copy list/
Time machine tried to copy.
Now, the partition does not mount. TechTool Pro 9 does not mount or cure.
DiskWarrior reports: hardware failure (-36, 2747) but does not mount.
I google, find:

        “My disk isn't dead, it just has a sick filesystem, as proven by the
fact that if I wait long enough, DiskWarrior can try to do something with it.
        “The disk activity was a clue.
        “I suspected that TimeMachine or something else on the mac is trying to
fsck the file system in preparation for mounting. Unfortunately that takes
HOURS on this large volume full of time machine backups.”
        “So opened Terminal and typed: ps -ef ' grep fsck_hfs and there was the
culprit:
0 67332 18 0 6:26am ?? 1:02.06
/System/Library/Filesystems/hfs.fs/Contents/Resources/../../../../../../sbin/fsck_hfs
 -y /dev/disk5s2
        “To kill it, type kill followed by the second number from the left, in
this case: kill 67332
        “The disk activity stops, and you can then run DiskWarrior.”

SO I open the Terminal to follow instructions ^,
but the HDDs and volumes do not mount,
and my terminal window does not look like theirs.

AppleCare says Western Digital hardware problems are not their  problems.

Please help

Nelson Helm   (502) 897-3870
4112 Massie Av 3
Louisville, KY 40207-2179____