My friend has an iMac 8,1, with an intel Core 2 Duo Processor and with a 2.66
GHz processor speed. He is running OS 10.5.8. The date of the computer is
2003-2011.

He is having trouble with Safari [Version 5.0.6 (5533.22.3). When he opens
Safari his homepage won’t load and he cannot refresh the browser. But if he
quits Safari and opens it again immediately, his homepage will load. Sometimes
Safari will just crash and he tries to send a report to Apple and gets an error
message that it won’t send.

I ran software update on his computer and got the message that all his software
was up-to-date.

He put Firefox on the computer and it seems to be working okay but he would
really like to get Safari working properly.

Any suggestions for my friend?

Thanks.

Harry