On Aug 6, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <harr...@me.com> wrote:

> Do you know why my Router’s Mac Address printed on the router ends in 9c but
> in the App it says the last two digits are 9D?

Every network interface has its own MAC address. The address on the label is
probably the WAN address and the address you’re seeing is the LAN address. The
WAN (wide area network) address is the ethernet address seen by the outside
world. The LAN (local area network) address is the one seen inside your house.
There’s probably yet another LAN address because the router likely has both
WiFi and Ethernet interfaces for the LAN.

Of course, it’s quite easy to change the advertised MAC address on most
machines. For example on MacOS you can change it to whatever you want with the
terminal command

sudo ifconfig en0 ether whatever

where ‘whatever’ is the address you want; e.g., 78:4f:63:12:34:56. This will
stick until you either reboot or change it to something else. (The eth0 might
be eth1, if you have a wired connection.)

L^2

---
‌Lee Larson‌
‌leelar...@me.com‌

‌Putting a monkey wrench in machinery is often the only way to force somebody
to repair, replace, or redesign the machinery. Especially legal or social
machinery. ‌— Larry Niven
‌World of Ptavvs‌

‌‌‌