> On Nov 12, 2019, at 9:45 PM, John Robinson <profilecoven...@me.com> wrote:

> The house has Coax, phone and Ethernet wired throughout so I connect the coax
> from the modem to an input port in the box, then I connect on the outgoing
> side to the areas of the home that has the TV’s.
>
> So, if I go with an Antenna (External Antenna on a pole 5 feet off the
> ground) for many channels will there be enough strength, or power from the
> cable coming in from the Antenna to get the signal to the various TV’s?
>
> I’ve understood there are signal boosters, they might be needed?

I would start out with what you have and see how it goes. It would be pretty
easy to add a signal booster, so you can add that at any time if you find that
you need it.

> Finally, if I would get all that going how am I going to record shows?  Do I
> have to purchase a Tivo box?  Is there no way to record to a Mac Mini?  It
> sure would be a lot easier to have the recording on an Apple devise that can
> then be backed up.  We have had three Spectrum boxes go bad and all the
> recordings lost, it would be the same with a TiVo box wouldn’t it, or can the
> recordings be moved to a Mac?

Lots of info if you Google: "record TV signal to a Mac”

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Fletcher
Workplace Innovation Facilitator

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group  •  Next Meeting: 11/26/19

Technology Association of Louisville, Ky (TALK)
www.talklou.com