On Jan 23, 2020, at 11:20 AM, John Robinson <profilecoven...@icloud.com> wrote:

> Ed, I gather high rollers communicate with other high rollers like we do on
> this forum….you are right, we really need to watch for the phishing but what
> I’m really wanting to learn, do emails inside Apple’s umbrella have the same
> exposure of having an embedded hack inside an email or video?  If so, why
> aren’t we hearing about it daily?  Did this happen to Jeff because he was
> using WhatsApp?

WhatsApp is a lot more secure than email. It has end-to-end encryption by
default while email has no security by default. Sending an email is like using
postcards; anyone in the middle can read it. That’s why some of us advocate
encryption standards like S/MIME and PGP.

L^2

----
Lee Larson
leelar...@me.com

‌They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad
that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. — ‌Garrison Keillor
‌