On 9/21/2016 5:03 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
As motor specification shows 0.9 deg per step, 400 step/rev * 4 rev/mm=1600
step/mm
>   my target is 1600 steps per mm.
>Then I tested G01X1.f40., it looks rotate 4 round.
>If i tested G00X1.F40., Motor freezed and make noise. Speed too fast???
Almost certainly.  With a scale of 1600, and a maximum velocity of
200, your maximum step pulse rate would be 320,000 KHz, and with your
acceleration of 3000 mm/s/s, you'll get there pretty quick.  The
default PRU settings result in a maximum pulse speed of about 50 KHz,
so you need to either reduce the maximum allowed velocity or decrease
the PRU cycle time (or both).

What sort of drive system are you using to get 4 rev/mm?  That's
pretty low even for a ball screw with a belt reduction.

could it be that instead of 4 rev/mm you have a reduction of 4 mm/rev ?
that would mean 100 full steps/mm and might make more sense.