On 12/10/16 22:30, Sag ich Dir nich wrote:
is there a way to tell the program to automatically stop feed(or the program) if the spindle stalls? (or if it is a specific value rpm under target RPM)
When the PSU is overloaded, it shuts off for a second and that could cost me an endmill

also:

is there a PID value/pin i can send to a pyvcp module to create a spindle load meter?

The commonly used solution is the 'spindle-at-speed' one
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=spindle-at-speed&type=Code

It has some problems if your spindle only has a crude Z index, fluctuations in the read speed can cause it to
remain untriggered unless you use a large margin value, but even then it would protect against a stall.

Make sure the output is filtered and averaged as far as possible to remove the spikes

The xml files will show examples of the speed meter and spindle-at-speed LED commonly used in pyVCP panels
(especially on lathes)