> On 1 Sep 2017, at 17:58, Charles Steinkuehler <char...@steinkuehler.net>
> wrote:
>
> I think effort is currently better spent on things
> like fixing up the hm2_soc_ol driver and automating the uSD image
> creation.

Disclaimer: I claim ignorance on the technical side of this, and speak as a
user.

Machinekit is mainly a motion stack, and one of the best benefits of
machinetalk is to offload graphics/GUI.

Then if a machine runs, it hardly changes during its life imo. If it isn't
broken, don't fix it. So I see no use case for non development setups where
images/fpga firmware change frequently, thus a reboot is no hassle.

I agree with the above, up-to-date uSD images, like the fantastic BB images
from RCN would be very valuable. Burn an image,  easy  install, get started
quickly.