On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Lewis Cobb <lewishc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert -
>
> This is great - thanks very much.
>
> I'm pretty new to all this but looking at the Uboot link you provided it
> looks like I just have to make sure the Uboot is a recent one, and then that
> the overlays are enabled ?

The easiest thing to do is just run this script and report it's output..

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

Then we can walk you thru what you need to do..

> Now - here's a real noob question for you - are Uboot overlays and Device
> Tree Overlays the same thing ?  I've just started to read about the DT stuff
> and my head is spinning, so if you have a link to some educational material
> on the uboot overlay stuff it would be much appreciated.

They are exactly the same.  We've just EOL'ed kernel overlays and have
u-boot doing all the overlay loading work. (its more reliable/etc..)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/