I believe this error is relevant, It shows on startup:

**** disabled tool measurement ****
/usr/bin/gladevcp:231: GtkWarning: Attempting to add a widget with type
GtkImage to a GtkButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkButton can only
contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel
  builder.add_from_file(xmlname)
**** GMOCCAPY INFO: Gcode.lang found ****