On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 5:20:57 AM UTC-7, Eric wrote:

> That looks awesome!
>
> Are you going to be able to manually move the axes too, or is it now going
> to be full CNC?
>
> At the speed that the XY axis turn the handles would have to be balanced
and not near my private parts.  That would hurt.
The plan is full CNC.  I have both a ShuttleXpress (on my MACH3 CNC router)
and I'm trying out one of these on it since there's a windows driver for it.
Ebay item # 221940342899

So with that I can manually move the axis.

But I've run into a problem with the BBB-DB25/26 and since Xylotex doesn't
release schematics I'm not sure exactly how I'll fix it.   Jeff did reply
to a request about making the IOPWR# an active high output on pin 1 so it
would enable the PMDX-126 BoB.  But I've run into another issue and I'm not
sure if it's the BBB MachineKit or the way the Cape is wired.

I pulled my LinuxCNC PC off the shelf and connected the same Probotix BB-RF
I was using with the Beagle.   So LinuxCNC on a parallel port.  A bit of
mucking around to get the correct polarity signals for Machine Enable and
ESTOP.  At that point I can jog in the positive direction, pull the limit
switch wire on the terminal strip to simulate running into a limit.

At that point like the Beagle the Machine Power button on the screen goes
off.  The checkbox for override limits is not greyed out and I can check
the box.  Now I can click on the POWER button on the screen and jog in the
negative direction and reconnect the limit switch input to ground.  This is
the one that is shared for all three axis.  When I release the jog button
The Override checkbox is greyed out again.

The MachineKit with BBB cape doesn't do that.  Hit a limit and Machine
POWER button goes off.  That also brings the IOPWR# low which then disables
the entire set of level translation buffers. And the Override limits
remains greyed out.  So now clicking on the Machine POWER button doesn't do
anything because the limit switch is still active.

There may well be a solution but I haven't figured it out yet.  At the
moment I don't think the Xylotex cape will actually be usable with
MachineKit that has limit switches.