Hello,

The config-pin utility can be used in user land or user land w/ a .sh
script and .service file to boot the board w/ the required config-pin
utility being present.

Seth

P.S. If you know how to do this instead, this may work for you. So, use:
config-pin P8.14 <mode> <--- this would be your mode, i.e. GPIO, UART, and
etc.

So, if you wanted to put in gpio in <mode>, you could if this is what you
want. Does this sort of make sense?