Hi,

  One of the reasons I'm trying to update is the uSD card I was using
stopped working(booting).  I can access some of the files, but I don't
remember exactly the process I used to enable the pins (it was 4 to 5 years
ago!).  So, I'm not actually "running" it any more.

  In any case I think what I did was modify your old config-pin to a
different version called config-pins:

http://xylotex.com/config-pins.txt

and the overlay file here:

http://xylotex.com/cape-univ-gpmc-00A0.dts.txt

  I would program the fpga with a general I/O bit-bang and then had a
simple batch file that would call config-pins for each gpmc pin I wanted to
switch modes on:

*sudo ./config-pins P8.14 gpmc*

  I just did similar for all 20 pins I wanted to use for gpmc, and I was
able to use the bus.  I could then call the linuxcnc script (before the
scripts was changed to machinekit), and the hm2-servo code would be able to
access the fpga through the gpmc bus.

  Now when I try the same thing I end up with errors, which I'm now trying
to solve.

Thanks,

Jeff