Hi All,

We are developing a 4-axis CNC to mill bamboo poles and are currently
running tests in just three axis (x, y, z). We can dry-run g-code files
successfully, however we receive limit switch errors (primarily on joint 1)
when we begin cutting material. We suspect that the error is occuring in
the y-axis and that possibly our drivers are causing a problem (either they
are too small or not tuned adequately).. It is difficult to tell what is
going on and how the machine is configured from the information given.

 We have the z-axis running on the long x-axis, running on two shorter dual
y-axes.

The axis shaft is a ½” (12.7mm) , also the motor shaft is ¼” (6.35mm).  we
are using polyurethane insert couplers (these have regularly been coming
loose though).

The motors are NEMA 23s with  3A rating/phase controlled by Pololu
TB67S249FTG drivers on a Cramps 2.2 cape on the Beaglebone Black. The
drivers have a current limit of 1.6A and are further limited to %90 for
safety. The Current limit for the board and drivers are defiantly a bottle
neck, but the motors have enough power to operate. [Could this be the
problem?]

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. If more
information is needed please let me know. I'm fairly new to the machine
development side of this project. Thanks.