From what I understand from working with the service loader framework in
general if the relevant config file is present on the classpath, either loose
as a file or in any jar it will be used.

The file would be META-INF/services/something.

Given that jar is in the extensions directory I think it will be loaded
regardless of name. Try moving it to another folder temporarily?