On 2015-12-18, at 8:45 PM, @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2015, at 18:08, Michael <keybou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am attempting to debug a java program with JVisualVM.
>
> I think you posted to the wrong group.

No, not really. I'm trying to use a program on Mac Os X. Said program wants to
do debugging work on another process.

On Mach, that relies on task_for_pid. The security system of Mac Os X makes
this rely on more than just "same user ID".

None of the applications are sandboxed; none have asked for extra security.

Sometimes it works.
Sometimes it does not.
I cannot figure out any pattern.

The debugger is being started from Terminal, which was opened by launch
services in response to double-clicking a dock icon.
The execution comes from double clicking a dock icon (eclipse), which in turn
starts a different program (minecraft) that opens it's own connection to the
window server.

Everything should be in the same context, with no permission restrictions asked
for.
Different window server connections should be no different than gdb on an
appkit program

> --
> I WAS NOT TOUCHED "THERE" BY AN ANGEL Bart chalkboard Ep. BABF14

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce