From: Macs R We [mailto:macs...@macsrwe.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:05 PM
To: Dinse, Gregg (NIH/NIEHS) [C] <di...@niehs.nih.gov>
Cc: macosx-talk@omnigroup.com
Subject: Re: Time Machine stops backing up

I can't imagine how your Mac could even detect that it was plugged into a UPS
(or a surge protector, or a gas generator) as opposed to a wall socket, so I
really doubt the usefulness of that avenue of inquiry.

Given the novelty of Power Nap, it's possible that the effective semantics of
"com.apple.TimeMachine RequiresACPower" have changed from they were previously,
and may now possibly be insufficient for your purpose.