Hi David,

When I double-click on the icon on the desktop, Safari opens to the correct web
page.  However, if I navigate to that same file in the Finder (in ~/Desktop),
the Finder crashes as soon as I click once on the file (and then the Finder
restarts by itself).  So, yes, I see different behaviors for the same file.

Gregg

On 11/12/2018, 8:27 PM, "David Schwartz" <da...@yesdavid.com> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Dinse, Gregg (NIH/NIEHS) [C]
> <di...@niehs.nih.gov> wrote:
>> Lately, this works fine from the desktop, but not from the Finder

If you locate the originally created Internet Location file in ~/Desktop (the
folder, not the desktop representation of that folder's contents) does it also
crash?

In other words, do you see different behavior from the same file, between in
the folder (Command+Shift+D) and on the desktop spatial representation of that
folder?

-david