Interesting! By saying it does a "call out from both ends" you mean it's not
just a client?

In Sys Prefs --> Sharing, I will need to uncheck "Remote Management" on my
target machine (the one I want to remote desktop into), and then port 5900 will
be closed. How will AnyDesk interact with the host? Is there software to be
installed on both ends?

-Carl