On 2001-06-11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Anita Holmgren) wrote:

> At 2:28 PM -0500 6/11/01, Bill Stephenson wrote:
> >In theory, could you use "Interface Builder" to create a front end
> >GUI that uses perl to interact with user input?
>
> You would need to create a project using Project Builder and an
> interface using Interface Builder. You could then make an Objective C
> object that 'interacts' with your Perl script using NSTaks and a few
> NSPipes and sends the data to your interface.

Hmm. That's viable, but seems like a somewhat limited approach.

What I *really* want is to tie Interface Builder widgets directly to
Perl code; there was an Objective-Perl package that claimed to do this
for MacOS X Server, but it seems to be dead, with no web site updates in
the last two years:
  http://www.tiptop.com/Objective/

-Simon