On Wednesday, May 30, 2001, at 02:57 AM, Martin Redington wrote:

> I think what is happening is that the __dig_vec symbol being loaded
> from the DBD::MySQL bundle is conflicting with the same symbol in
> mod_php. I looked in the Apache 1.3.19 source, and can see handlers for
> multiple definition in os/unix/os.c, but I guess that the DBD::MySQL
> module is being loaded by code in perl or mod_perl.

   That code in Apache is (intentionally) disabled on OS X; it's there to
workaround the lack of unloading functionality in Rhapsody.  Multiply
defined symbols is *supposed* to be an error condition.  If you need
private symbol name scope for modules, there exists dyld API for that;
Apache does not use it.  See /usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h.

        -Fred