On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:29:51AM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> > The actual problem I'm running into is that $config_pm appears to remain
> > undefined in configpm, which therefore craps out in line 19, which is
> > what Edward Moy is seeing.  That is, miniperl is not setting $config_pm
> > after this line:
> >
> >     my $config_pm = $ARGV[0] || 'lib/Config.pm';
>
> Now, I can't see how that could fail.  Either $ARGV[0] is set in which
> case $config_pm should be set to it, or it is not, in which case
> $config_pm should be set to 'lib/Config.pm'.  Or, a distant and
> improbably third, somehow the gcc has compiled a completely broken
> Perl (so broken than even basic syntax is broken).  That would suck.

And is quite likely if basic things like the number conversion is bust.
And in turn that is quite probable if (NV)INT_MIN is currently +2147483648.0
as far as Darwin's gcc is concerned.
I'll be a coffee that the problem will go away once INT_MIN is less than 0.
[I may be paying out on this one. I already owe Andy Dougherty a coffee,
IIRC. I'm on a safer bet, I feel, in saying that there won't be 100% test
success until the INT_MIN is solved]

Nicholas Clark