On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 12:51 PM, Joshua Kaufman wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Sandor, but further investigation reveals that the
> following also fails to create the file 'foo' as expected when made
> into a droplet:
> <script>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> use strict;
>
> my $cmd = `touch foo`;
> </script>
>
> so, putting the problem of passing arguments to the script aside for
> the moment, it seems that the perl script is not being executed. The
> two shell scripts that were provided with dropscript as examples
> (shove.sh and unshove.sh) worked fine when I made them into droplets.
> Does anyone know what my error is?

I think Wilfredo is on this list, so he's the expert.  But in my own
tests, and looking at the source code, it seems that if you drag one or
more files onto the droplet, the droplet will run the script with the
files as arguments, and then quit.

If you just double-click on the droplet, it will launch, and just wait
for the user to select the Open menu item, and then run the script on
that selected file.
Edward Moy
Apple Computer, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(This message is from me as a reader of this list, and not a statement
from Apple.)