On Saturday, January 26, 2002, at 04:07  AM, Nicolas Bertrand wrote:

> On Saturday, January 26, 2002, at 09:59 AM, Ken Williams wrote:
>> That doesn't mean you have to recompile perl, that means you have to
>> install the GDBM_File module.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't know where the heck to *find* the GDBM_File
>> module, the only place I see it is in the 5.6.1 distribution.
>
> That is what I meant :-) When Perl compiles and if it finds the gdbm
> library on the system it automatically compiles the GDBM_File.
>
> It looks like my only options are to reinstall 5.6.0 or upgrade to
> 5.6.1. However, I am stuck there :-)

You can probably just get the 5.6.0 distribution, go into the GDBM_File
directory, and install from there to your main perl, without installing
any other pieces.  I've never tried this, but I think it should work.
In any case, you certainly shouldn't be forced to upgrade perl just for
the privilege of getting GDBM_File installed.

  -Ken