On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 09:47  PM, Jonathan Baumgartner wrote:

> On 2/4/02 6:39 PM, "Ken Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> unless (defined (&/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib)) { sub
>>> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib() { 1 } }
>>
>> What command created _h2ph_pre.ph?  It's flawed - it's trying to look
>> something like
>
> h2ph created _h2ph_pre.ph. Is it 100% necessary to run h2ph after
> installing perl? The docs lead me to believe that you should, but I
> can't tell if its mandatory or not. If it's not mandatory, I'd love to
> know how to roll back my perl install to before h2ph was run.

I've never in all my years of Perl programming (and installing) ever had
to run h2ph manually.  I was under the impression that one never needed
to run it anymore, but maybe I've just never been in that situation.

Maybe explain what you're trying to do, and what steps you've taken to
try to accomplish it?

>>    unless (defined (&foo)) { sub foo() { 1 } }
>>
>> but that wouldn't work anyway.  It would need to be something like
>>
>>    unless (defined (&foo)) { eval 'sub foo() { 1 }' }
>
> So "unless (defined (&/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib)) { eval 'sub
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib() { 1 }' }" should do it?

No, because /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib isn't a valid subroutine name.
Somehow the wrong tool got run on the wrong file, or something.

  -Ken