>>>>  that other-list polluting bastard <<<<

Well, seeing that my name has been dragged in to the mud by that
macintosh-know-nothing Devers, I might as well chip in with my 2
units of $currency

two audiences:
[a] seasoned hackers that just see OSX as another platform to adapt
[b] people exposed to Perl for the first time by OSX
<<<<

>isn't clear to me where things can or should evolve from that background.

Someone made the point that as things work more and more smoothly
under OSX, so the install/configuration posts will dwindle.

And in a nutshell that's what *should* happen to this list - it
should become a low volume, once in a while "anyone know what the
hell's happening here?" type of list, but one that focuses on getting
perl/related stuff working under OSX.

If there's a case for a macosx-perl-beginners, then all well and
good, somebody set up macosx-perl-beginners. But I'm not sure that
the perl lists in place don't already cater for beginners - and if
you can't track down the beginners' lists at lists.perl.org, well...

Alternatively this could work the other way round with this list
being the newbie list and another being set up for the install
problems. (Puneet's suggestion about the website was a good one).

I don't think this is an issue of mail filters and kill files. I
think these are 2 distinct discussion spaces.

Sorry to be a nasty person, but that's just how I, not a leet hacker
just a humble designer who codes a bit, see it.