I agree that there should be a separation of logic and presentation
elements, I do that as much as possible.

In GoLive's dynamic content examples, the php, jsp and vb code is
merged within the html files. Not an ideal situation from my
perspective. I don't know if this is necessary or not for new dynamic
content formats.

In any case, the GoLive SDK manual is pretty hefty, 400-some-odd
pages. It would take some serious time investment to develop perl
ports of the included examples (a calendar, shopping cart, etc.). If
Adobe were paying me to port the examples to perl? Sure. But for
free? I don't have that much time available. Perhaps a motivated
student would, but ideally Adobe should throw some resources at the
question, assuming enough people want the feature.

Cheers,
Troy

--
Troy Davis