On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 03:31 PM, Brigham Mecham wrote:

> Hello
>
> Perhaps someone can fill me in on this one.  I am comparing the run
> time of a perl program I wrote.  Using my Mac G4 which has a 1.5 ghz
> processor and a 1.3 ghz PC computer (processor chip type I don't know
> but could find out) I am seeing that the Mac takes 14 seconds to
> complete what the PC does in 6!  What's up with that?

There are so many things wrong with this question that I would normally
not respond to it but I think buried under the mess you wrote is a legit
question.

Since 1.25 Ghz is as fast as Macs are currently going I wonder if you
are on 25 Mhz machine.

What does the script do?
Memory?
HD?
What else is running when you are doing this?

Many questions to answer....

--
Lou Moran
http://ellem.dyn.dhs.org:5281/resume/lmoran2002.html