Wild.  I just have two questions:

1) Why did Perl ever accept uppercase operators in the first place?  I see
   that if you run under warnings, you get a "use of EQ is deprecated"
   error, so I assume it's some usage so historical as to be before my
   time (and I've been doing Perl for almost twelve years).

2) Even if the uppercase forms were available, why would anyone use them?

Trey