On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 07:37 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I updated to 5.8.0 by replacing the apple distro (which now that I think back was pretty silly, but then again, I can't stand having multiple instances of the same thing about). Then I of course had to compile mod_perl for it, so I went and got the newest one, and compiled that (unable to find any info about how to actually do that without also recompiling apache - why's that? It turned out that I could just do make install and start apache).
That's the problem -- you *have* to compile mod_perl with Apache. See my article on how to do it on MacDevCenter.com.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/11/05/apache_osx.html

BTW, for those who are interested, part two is nearly done, and will likely be published next week.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory