Hey Nat -- Thanks. Downloaded and installed just fine on my t?rusty G4-350, OS X 10.2.3.

I've been under a major deadline until last week, so I've just been watching everyone's travails with upgrading their OS X Perl installation. I took the risk of upgrading to Jaguar when it came out, but decided to wait on messing with Perl, even though I'd been running 5.6.1 pre-jag.

This week I had just replaced my system Perl with 5.6.1 when you posted this. So now I have both 'good' versions of Perl available. For now 5.8.0 is just for fun and my own local tools -- my applications are on too many machines with older distributions -- pre-millennial, even...

After all the comments about downloading and wget/curl problems, I just wanted to let you know that, at least for one person, it worked out of the box, er, dmg.

Did notice the DB_File version is:
# /usr/local/perl5-8/Library/Perl/5.8.0/darwin/DB_File.pm
# last modified 22nd October 2002
# version 1.806

Typo in your announcement?