In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Schneider) wrote:

> I am trying to install Slash on Mac OS X with Perl 5.8.0. I can
> configure, make, install everything without problems and
> Apache/mod_perl seems to work fine. I cannot, however, use the Slash
> installation. To be precise, I cannot use Slash::Apache::User. With
> DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES turned on, I get the following output from Perl:

Slash::Apache::User requires some of the mod_perl symbols, and can only run
under mod_perl.

This is normally not a problem, except when you go to rebuild the module, at
which point Apache::ExtUtils tries to eval the module, and perl segfaults.
On other platforms, it fails and puts the error in $@.  I patched
Apache::ExtUtils locally to not do the eval; I am not sure what the Right
Thing to do is.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/