On Sunday, Feb 16, 2003, at 14:52 US/Pacific, Tom McDonough wrote:
On 2/15/03 21:56, "drieux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday, Feb 15, 2003, at 14:40 US/Pacific, Tom McDonough wrote:

I'm trying to force a form feed using perl 5.6 and os x.2  without
using the
format command.
LPR is the line printer and it is OPEN. My program is printing continuous
lines and I want to control the page break.
I presume that you are using a printer with a tractor feed?
As opposed to the laser-printer style? yes? and that it is
locally attached?

Have you pulled out the manual for it, as to what it uses
for 'control sequences'.

you may want to read

	man printcap

Since what you want to ship to the printer, if it is
defined in the 'ff' argument, is what you will need to
ship to the printer to make it follow instructions.

I think what the '\f' is talking about is the 8-bit pattern
007 or the sixteen bit pattern 017...

ciao
drieux

---