In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Edward Moy) wrote:

> Do you think this has never happened before?  No, Perl 5.6.0 on Jaguar
> and previous had the same problem with CVS (no -ko option) and only now
> was it ever noticed.

I noticed!  :-)  Shortly after Fred Sanchez first released his perl 5.6
stuff for Mac OS X, I commented on it.  Don't remember to whom, though.  I
had the same problem with MacPerl, which I keep in a separate CVS repository.

> Sorry, I don't usually get personal, but tone of this message seemed
> inappropriate to me.

I don't think it was intended to be personal or mean-spirited in any way,
for what it's worth.

> Nevertheless, consider this problem fixed for
> final Panther.

Thanks!

BTW, while I've got your eyes, should it be possible to compile perl and its
extensions with prebinding?  I know .bundles cannot be prebound, but I have
successfully built bundles as .dylibs (I think that's what I did, anyway,
it's been a few months), and I wonder if this is something that might be
useful.

My main problem is Mac::Carbon takes a LONG time to load (a few seconds),
and almost all of that is in dyld.  Panther's perl with gcc 3.3 has the same
problem.  I am going to try a bunch of things, but figure you might have
some insight before I go and try things that won't work.  Thanks,

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/